Easter Menu Ideas
Glazed Baked Ham
6 lb fully cooked bone-in ham
Brown Sugar-Orange Glaze – Recipe Below
1/2 c brown sugar
2 tbs orange juice or pineapple juice
1/2 tsp ground dry mustard
1. Heat oven to 325°. Place ham on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer in thickest part of ham. Bake uncovered 1 hour 30 minutes or until thermometer reads 135° to 140°.
2. Make glaze. Brush glaze over ham during last 45 minutes of baking. (Also see Recommended Meat Doneness)
3. Remove ham from oven, cover with tent with aluminum foil and let stand 10 to 15 minutes for easier carving.
Brown Sugar-Orange Glaze
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons orange or pineapple juice
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
Mix all ingredients.
Frosted Fruit Salad
1 small package lemon jello
1 small package orange jello
2 c boiling water
1 1/2 c cold water
1 small can crushed pineapple (reserve juice)
2 diced bananas
1/2 package miniature marshmallow
1 egg beaten
2 tbs flour
2 tbs butter
1/2 c sugar
1 c cool whip
1. Empty both packages of Jello into a bowl and add boiling water. Once jello is disolved add cold water and pour into a 9×13 pan.
2. Let cool, but not set and add pineapple (save juice) bananas, and marshmellows
3. After jello is set combine in a small saucepan egg, flour, butter, sugar and pinapple juice. Cook until slightly thickened. Remove from heat, stir in Cool Whip and frost Salad. Refrigerate until cold and serve.
Family Favorite Stuffing
Makes 8 servings
1 bag Peppridge Farms Herb seasoned stuffing mix
1/2 c butter
1 – 1 1/2 can chicken broth
2 stalk celery chopped
1 medium onion chopped
1. Melt the butter, add the onion and celery. Saute for a short time until onions and celery are tender-crisp.
2. Add the above to the stuffing mix and mix. Gradually stir in the chicken broth. You want it to be somewhat but not real mushy.
3. Cook at 375 degrees, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes.
1 stick butter
1 (15.25-oz) can corn, drained
1 (14.75-oz) can cream-style corn
1 (7-oz) pkg corn bread and muffin mix
2 eggs, beaten
8 oz sour cream
Melt butter in a 13″ x 9″ baking dish in a 350 degree oven. In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients. When margarine is melted, remove baking dish from oven. Pour corn mixture directly into baking dish with the butter; combine thoroughly. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Rhodes Frozen Dinner Rolls – Found in the freezer section of the grocery store