I’ve been on the hunt for a good egg salad recipe. I’ve tried a few and they are always lacking something. I wanted something with texture and a good flavor – not just mushed up eggs. While talking with my mom, she told me of a recipe she loves and shared it with me. This one hits the spot. The eggs whites are chopped separately and then mixed with the yolk/mayo mixture and the flavor is mouth watering! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 10 large eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1 celery rib, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- Fill large bowl with water and ice; set aside. Place eggs in large saucepan, cover with 1 inch water, and bring to boil over high heat. Remove pan from heat, cover and let stand 8 minutes. Pour off water from saucepan and gently shake pan back and forth to crack egg shells. Transfer eggs to ice water and cool 5 minutes.
- Peel eggs and halve lengthwise. Transfer yolks to a large bowl. Using potato masher, mash yolks with mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Whisk mixture until smooth; set aside.
- Chop whites into 1/4 inch pieces. Fold whites, celery, chives, and parsley into yolk mixture and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
- Salad can be stored in refrigerator for 2 days. Makes enough for 4 sandwiches.