Fellowes Air Purifier – AP-300PH Review
Does anyone in your family struggle with allergies? My husband has frequent sinus issues, and my oldest son really suffers in the spring with the pollen. Grass and hay get to me once in awhile, but I’m pretty lucky as far as allergies go. We live in farm country, so often times the dust at harvest time can make us all sniffle a bit too.
We had considered purchasing an air purifier in the past. I had always bought the best allergen air filters for the air-conditioner as possible – hoping to help a bit. (although recently we were told by our AC Service Guy that the cheaper filter let more cool air through, when we were having trouble keeping the house cool this hot, hot summer!) However, I had never taken the time to really research the best model for our family, or exactly the benefits of purchasing one. I would see ads for them, and consider, but never bit the bullet.
Recently, I was invited to review the Fellowes Air Purifier – AP300PH and I couldn’t have been more excited! It is harvest season and the beginning of fall - when my hubby’s nose seems to really do its thing.
We started with the purifier in our living room. However, we have an open floor plan, and it was covering more than it’s recommended 300 square feet. So, we decided to move it to our bedroom.
Here it is, doing its thing:
And now…. We LOVE this thing! Our room used to get stuffy at night. It is at the end of the venting in our older home, so it does not get as much ventilation as other rooms in the house. We usually close the door at night, and frankly, by morning it just wasn’t that pleasnant to be in there – think of stale, stinky air. That has all changed. This little fellow takes care of it all! Our air seriously smells fresh – all the time! So far, no stuffy noses for hubby either!
Here are some of my favorite features:
- PlasmaTrue™ Technology removes airborne pollutants and gets air cleaner at the molecular level, instantly neutralizing viruses and germs in the air. I am a bit of a “Germa-phob” and it never fails that our germy kids are hanging out in our bed watching T.V. or playing X-Box. Any help with blasting germs is good with me!
- True HEPA Filter safely removes 99.97% of particles and impurities as small as 0.3 microns, including mold spores, pollen, dust mites, allergens, cigarette smoke, pet dander and odors. We personally do not have inside pets or smoke, so we haven’t tested it on those; but I am seeing a distinguished less amount of dust taking residence on our furniture.
- Air purifier includes an air purity sensor that monitors the air quality and automatically adjusts the fan speed to keep your air cleaner. Okay, this is my husband’s (and kids) favorite feature. My kids are always walking up to it and trying to breath hard around it to see if they can make the fan turn up. My husband thinks it is hillarious when someone (ahem) “passes gas” and the fan within 2-3 seconds turns up to high. LOL
- I also appreciate that it is quiet and has a 5 year warranty.
The Fellowes Air Purifier AP-300PH has a MSRP of $199.99. However, right now Amazon has a great deal it!
* I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Fellowes and received a product sample to facilitate my review.