Your Mom’s Maytag Didn’t Do That
This month ends my Maytag Moms Ambassador Reviews. This campaign has been so much fun to be a part of. Thanks for coming along on the journey; and I hope you have learned a bit more about Maytag Appliances and are interested in possibly purchasing Maytag Products in the future. We really are enjoying ours!
Today I am sharing about the Maytag® Jetclean® Plus Dishwasher with Fully Integrated Controls and the Over-the-Range Microwave with EvenAir™ Convection
I don’t know about you, but I love cooking and despise clean-up. Clean-up is an unwanted to-do at the end of a meal. (Thankfully I have kids old enough to help at this point!) Technology can at times help make this process less painful. The Jetclean Plus Steam cycle on this dishwasher utilizes high-pressure spray jets and increased temperatures to power through stuck-on food while reducing spots on glassware. My 12 year old is loving that he does not have to rinse and scrub the dishes before loading them like he used to. We have had a couple dishes come out not clean, but for the most part, we have been very happy with the results!
The features I love on this appliance include:
- The stainless steel interior – our old white interior got scratched and looked dirty all the time. The inside of this dishwasher is always sparkling clean!
- It is super quiet! It fact my kids have opened it a couple times while it was running thinking it was done and they needed to unload.
- The sanitize cycle – I can be a bit of a germaphob…
- The adjustable upper rack means I can lower it and fit fairly tall items in the top section – which is perfect for larger “top rack only” items.
-Clean Dishes – we have had a lot less dishes that come out still dirty
A couple downfalls:
- It takes about 3 – 3 1/2hours to run a full cycle. A small price to pay to not have to wash dishes by hand and to have sparkling clean dishes. On the other hand, once in awhile I would like it to be done faster. Usually I just start it at bedtime and wake up to clean dishes, and it is a non-issue. It is on the big cooking days when I would like to run it 2-3 times in a day that I would prefer it to be faster.
- Even with the adjustable upper rack (which I do love) adjusted to the very top, the bottom space still is a bit smaller than my last dishwasher. This means my largest cutting board and pot do not fit, whereas they did in my last appliance.
The Maytag over-range-microwave is different than any microwave I have ever had. It delivers a powerful 1,000 watts of cooking power for uniform cooking results even in cookware as large as 10” x 15”. (LOVE this! With a big family it is great to be able to reheat an entire 9×13 pan!) The WideGlide tray helps accomplish this by moving back and forth inside the microwave (instead of around and around like most microwave models). I also loved switching from a model that sits on my countertop to an over-the-range model. Yea for more counter space!
A couple of my favorite features include the “30 second” button (This makes it easy for me to help the kids. “Mom how long to warm this up?” Me: “Two easy button clicks”). The sensor reheat feature allows you to warm your meals without worrying about cooking times or power levels. I also frequently use the “melt” and “soften” features for butter. I really haven’t found any downfalls with this microwave – it is a perfect fit for us!
Maytag continues to innovate through new technological advances that carry the same dependability generations have come to expect from Maytag. Did you ever have a Maytag kitchen appliance in your house growing up? How do your new kitchen appliances differ? Which new innovations are you most impressed by?
I wrote this post participating in an Maytag Moms Dependable Kitchen Ambassador program by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Maytag. I was provided with a Maytag kitchen appliances set, including a refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, and range to facilitate my post